For buildings with hot water systems
Completely removes all germs, pathogens, and Legionella from the hot water circulation lines of buildings.
Legionella-free water in hot water systems
Large amounts of Legionella, other germs, rust, and lime sludge are constantly being pumped into the fresh water supply from the hot water circulation lines of buildings. The UrSpring HotWater is installed on the pressure side of the circulation pump and removes all germs, pathogens, and sludge from the water without a trace. This reduces the number of germs in the whole system as well as the nutrient load in the water. The Legionella count goes down and there is a reduction of biofilm growth in the entire hot water system, thus preventing contamination of the fresh water supply.
The UrSpring HotWater is an important component in the fight against Legionella in hot water systems in buildings!
- For hot water systems in buildings
- Easy to install
- Removes pathogens, parasites, rust staining, bothersome suspended matter, and Legionella
- No chemicals – completely environmentally friendly
Improved hygiene in entire hot water system
Legionella and other pathogens find their way from public water supply networks into the domestic water supply. Once there, modern and increasingly energy-efficient water heaters such as condensing boilers, solar energy storage units, or geothermal heat pumps no longer heat the water to a sufficient temperature to avoid the sudden proliferation of Legionella. The UrSpring HotWater removes all bacteria from the hot water circuit and thus helps the customer comply with hygiene rules.
Natural, complete sterilization
The ultrafine filter pores of the UrSpring membrane are smaller than viruses, bacteria, and parasites and therefore remove Legionella, Pseudomonas, amoebae, and even viruses from water circulation lines. The UrSpring also removes particles such as rust completely, without chemicals, and without leaving a trace.
Why install the UrSpring HotWater
1. Energy efficient
In spite of the ultrafine pores and extremely high removal performance, the UrSpring HotWater only requires a few millibars of pressure for filtration. So there is no need for an additional pressure increase; the energy consumption of 5 W is extremely low.
2. Hot water resistant
The UrSpring HotWater was designed for use in hot water circuits with temperatures up to 176°F. So the filter system is ideally suited for use in conventional hot water systems.
3. Automatic overflow for maximum security
The UrSpring HotWater constantly monitors the pressure in the hot water system. If pressures in the system exceed the maximum allowable levels, for example due to defective expansion tanks or sticking pressure reducers, the filter system releases the excess pressure into the drain, thereby protecting the entire system from pressure-related damage.
4. Fully automatic flushing
The UrSpring HotWater regularly flushes the retained contaminants into the drain in a fully automatic process. The filter system manages the flushing intervals independently and only runs a flush cycle when it is actually necessary, usually no more than once a day, using only a few liters of flushing water.
(1) Filtration performance depends on water quality and temperature. Please design carefully before deploying a UrSpring system and consult with Seccua Authorized System Partners for advise if required.
(2) Virus and Bacteria removal of the Ultrafiltration membrane was measured by US EPA against EPA Standards for Ultrafiltration systems used on surface water filtration on a new membrane. The tests have been carried out using a Seccua Virex Pro unit which uses the same filter elements than the UrSpring systems. Removal performance can decrease over time, caused by membrane damage, without the UrSpring system being able to determine such decay.