For public and private water utilities
Seccua’s latest ultrafiltration system – with certified pathogen removal performance, integrity test, operating data logging, and Web-based remote access. Maintains control of all components necessary for an efficient and fully automated treatment process.
Virex Pro Datasheet
Ultrapure drinking water, directly at the water plant
The pathogen and suspended matter removal performance of the Seccua UltraFilter nanopores far exceeds the requirements of operators and authorities. The Virex Pro Connect has demonstrated complete removal of viruses, bacteria, and parasites in independent tests conducted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It also removes suspended matter so reliably that downstream sterilization processes, such as UV systems, can operate effectively.
Virex Pro Connect in brief:
- For public and private water utilities
- Removes pathogens, parasites, rust staining, bothersome suspended matter, and Legionella
- Integrated, fully automatic, high-resolution membrane test (integrity test)
- Maintains control of all components for an efficient and fully automated treatment process.
Integrated membrane test
In order to check the high retention performance regularly under operating conditions at the water plant, the Virex Pro Connect has an integrated membrane test that detects even the smallest membrane damage. In combination with triggering of the test through suspended matter fluctuations in the filtrate, the system has a continuous indirect integrity test and a directly integrated, fully automatic membrane test.
4 Reasons for Virex Pro Connect
1. Perfect treatment of difficult water
As the only standardized ultrafiltration system, the Virex Pro Connect measures the current level of filter contamination based on the flow rate and the differential pressure. In this way, the Virex Pro Connect can automatically respond to fluctuations in water quality at the inlet and can adapt its flush cycles accordingly. In addition to a feed pump, backwash pump, etc., the Virex Pro Connect also controls a metering system in the inlet; therefore, even for water with a high organic content, it can even control a flocculation filtration process in order to achieve optimal filtrate quality with minimized operating costs.
2. Automatic, chemical-assisted cleaning
For efficient cleaning, the Virex Pro Connect can combine different cleaning methods, including pre- and post-flushing, internal mutual backwash, or flushing by means of a connected backwash pump. If metering stations for cleaning chemicals are connected, the system can also carry out a chemical-assisted, automatic cleaning process. In this case, the Virex Pro Connect can use two different cleaning agents in a specified order and so return its performance to the starting level.
3. Remote control and alarm transmission
When equipped with a GSM modem, which is available as an option, the system can send text messages to up to ten mobile phones and also alert an existing alarm network as soon as an operating error is detected – examples include a failed membrane test, an unsuccessful cleaning, pressure surges, or empty chemical containers. In addition, the system operator can easily retrieve all operating data and logs via the Internet and can remotely control the system from his or her desk.
4. Maximum filtration performance
The Virex Pro Connect now provides higher filtration performance than ever. With its novel modular design, combined with state-of-the-art “Made in Germany” high-performance membranes, the Virex Pro Connect can achieve continuous performance of up to 27 liters per minute and peak performance of up to 0.5 liter per second.
- Continuous performance: 27 l/min
- Peak performance: 1.2 l/s
(1) Filtration performance depends on water quality and temperature. Please design carefully before designing a Virex Pro system and consult with Seccua Authorized System Partners for advise if required.
(2) Virus and Bacteria removal of the Ultrafiltration membrane was measured by US EPA against EPA Standards for Ultrafiltration systems used on surface water filtration on a new membrane.